Automation Services Engineer
- Glatt Air Techniques Inc.
- Work experience
- Production, manufacturing
We are a leading world supplier of integrated processing solutions for customers in the area of pharmaceuticals, food processing, feeds and fine chemicals. Our products and services stand for reliability and quality worldwide. About 3,000 employees work for Glatt at more than 15 companies and offices all over the world. For our site in Ramsey, NJ (USA) we have an immediate opening for a
AUTOMATION SERVICES ENGINEER
- Fulfill technical and field start-up responsibilities for all projects assigned by department supervisor. These include but are not limited to: review of
system documents and drawings (mechanical, controls and validation) customer assistance, start-up of machine systems, training of machine users,
preventive maintenance equipment reviews, controls service and controls troubleshooting service on-site as well as over the phone.
- Provide on-site engineering services including equipment FAT’s, commissioning, customer training, validation support, warrantee support,
troubleshooting and service support for Glatt equipment and control systems at customer and subcontractor sites throughout the U.S., Canada, and
Puerto Rico. Overnight travel up to 60% (80% including local travel).
- B.S. in Engineering, Associate Degree, Trade School, or 5 years of related experience.
- Experience with pneumatics, variable frequency drives and Allen Bradley PLCs required. Siemens PLC and logic experience a plus. Ability to
troubleshoot, develop, test and commission PLC and SCADA (iFIX and/or Wonderware) control systems. Familiarity with industry standards such as
NFPA, NEC and NEMA. Familiarity with electrical wiring practices and wiring troubleshooting a must. Programming experience with Allen Bradley
and Siemens PLCs and Wonderware’s InTouch, Intellution’s iFIX, and HMI applications necessary. Process instrumentation a plus. Experience
developing and interpreting control systems drawings and pneumatics including P&ID’s, control system schematics, control panel layout drawings
and pneumatic and electrical interconnect diagrams necessary. Knowledge of and experience in Microsoft Windows operating systems, Microsoft
Office applications, Microsoft Access and/ or SQL Server.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and passport.
- This position is classified as “safety sensitive” and is subject to random drug testing.